Learn with Simon Clarke Films
Training courses in film making and editing tailored to your needs
Just starting out in videography? Are you a photographer looking to expand your business into moving images? Want to know how to use your camera to shoot films? Are you new to shooting weddings? Do you have all the footage but no idea how to make a film?
I hear you, I’ve been there. And I've muddled my way through the maze, spent endless hours online, picking peoples brains and working out the best way to make the type of films I imagine in my head.
I offer two different sessions dependent on what you're looking for.
THE CUTTING ROOM
A 4 hour session purely focusing on working with Final Cut Pro X, Apples pro editing tool.
- Preparing and organising footage
- Getting to know FCPX layout and features
- Working with Libraries, Events & Projects
- Importing footage
- Starting your edit
- Syncing external audio with footage
- Colour correction and audio correction
- Working with music
- Colour grading (Getting a look you want)
- Exporting and converting finished projects
- Eating biscuits & drinking tea
- And much more
SPILL THE BEANS
A 6 hour mentoring session covering all aspects of my business, lock, stock and barrel.
- Setting up a camera to shoot film
- Tips for shooting on location
- What equipment to use
- Post production
- Creating 'a look'
- Running a business
- Getting your work out there
- The wedding world
- Getting the right clients
- Eating lunch & drinking tea
- And much more
I am totally open about the way I work and what I do. And will answer any question you chuck at me honestly. I don't know everything about everything (my wife agrees), but you can benefit from my experiences, mistakes, pitfalls and lessons learnt along the way. I wish I could travel back in time and advise myself 5 years ago what to do - and what not to do. Note to self: purchase a DeLorean.
Come to my home and office in Warwickshire, meet the cats, see my set-up and we can have a good chat and geek out over tea and biscuits. I’ll ask a few questions beforehand to work out how best to tailor the mentoring session (and biscuits) to your needs.
If you are interested in booking a session, please fill out the contact form below. Look forward to meeting you.